DealerSend is pleased that you have visited our website and are interested in our company, products and services. It is important to us to protect your personal data during handling throughout the entire business process. In the following, we explain what information DealerSend collects when you visit our website and how this information is used.
1. Does this Privacy Notice apply to you?
This Privacy Notice applies to you if you are a customer of DealerSend, a recipient of a package delivered by DealerSend, a supplier of DealerSend, or if you contact DealerSend, for instance, by visiting www.dealer-send.com, using social media or if you receive emails from DealerSend.
We need to process your Personal Information to run the business and provide you with the Services. By accepting our Terms and Conditions, you are confirming that you have read and understand this policy including how and why we use your information. If you do not want us to collect or process your Personal Information as described in this policy, you should cease using the Services. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies or practices of any of our affiliates and/or other sites linking to our Site that are not managed/owned by us.
We require all users and account owners to be at least 18 years of age. Minors under 18 years of age and at least 13 years of age are permitted to use the Services only if the appropriate permission has been granted and direct supervision by the owner of the account is present. Children under age 13 are not permitted to use the Services. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by a minor on your account.
2. What information does DealerSend collect?
In the course of its business activities and providing the services, DealerSend will need to process personal data. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. This includes information such as your real name, address, telephone number and date of birth. Information which cannot be linked to your real identity - such as favorite websites or number of users of a site - is not considered personal data. You provide most of your Personal Data directly to DealerSend, for instance:
Contact information. Such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
Financial information. Such as your bank account number, payment status, invoices;
Identification information. Such as your drivers license number;
Account information. Log-in details, including your email address and password, and other information provided in your account;
Information related to shipment and services. Such as shipment tracking number, shipment routing information, location data, status of a shipment, delivery location, packaging type, number of pieces, weight, picture of the parcel, customs information;
User and preference information. Such as shipping amounts, complaints, history of purchases and related commercial activities, communication, survey information, shipping preferences.
By using the Services, you acknowledge that DealerSend will use your information in Hong Kong and any other country where DealerSend operates. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. We will transfer personal information only to these countries to which we are permitted by law to transfer personal information.
3. Why does DealerSend process Personal Data?
Personal Data shall be collected, used, stored or otherwise processed if necessary within the framework of responsible, efficient and effective business management of DealerSend. We process Personal Data because it is necessary to perform our contractual obligations with you, or it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, or for other legitimate business interests of DealerSend to provide quality and secure shipping Services. More specifically, DealerSend uses Personal Data for the following activities:
Product development, research and improvement of DealerSend products and/or services. DealerSend processes Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of DealerSend products and/or services, research and development.
Performing agreements. This includes tracking DealerSend services, communication with individuals and other parties regarding services, responding to requests for (further) information, dispute resolution and preparing agreements.
Relationship management and marketing for commercial activities. DealerSend may process Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of DealerSend products and/or services, account management, client service and the performance of (targeted) marketing activities in order to establish a relationship with a client and/or maintaining as well as extending a relationship with a client, business partner or supplier and for performing analyses with respect to Personal Data for statistical and scientific purposes.
Business process execution, internal management and management reporting. This includes addressing activities such as managing company assets, conducting internal audits and investigations, finance and accounting, implementing business controls, provision of central processing facilities for efficiency purposes, managing mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and Processing Personal Data for management reporting and analysis.
Safety and security. Personal Data may be included in the processing for activities such as those involving safety and health, the protection of DealerSend and customer, supplier or business partner assets and the authentication of customer, supplier or business partner status and access rights.
Protecting the vital interests of individuals. This includes processing data when necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual (e.g. for urgent medical reasons).
Compliance with legal obligations. This addresses the processing of Personal Data as necessary for compliance with laws, regulations and sector specific guidelines to which DealerSend is subject (e.g. matching names of clients, suppliers and business partners against denied parties’ lists).
4. Who has access to your Personal Data?
DealerSend may share your Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- DealerSend may share your Personal Data with its affiliates, operating groups, subsidiaries and divisions, or with third parties if such is necessary for the purposes as listed above. If appropriate, DealerSend will require third parties to conduct activities in a manner consistent with DealerSend policies and guidelines in relation to data protection.
- DealerSend may share your Personal Data with data processors, i.e. parties processing Personal Data on our behalf. In such cases, these third parties may only use your Personal Data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our instructions. DealerSend will only use processors which provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures and ensure the protection of the rights of data subjects.
- DealerSend employees may have access to your Personal Data if necessary for the performance of their tasks. In such a case, access will be granted only if necessary for the purposes described above and only if the employee is bound by confidentiality.
- DealerSend may share your Personal Data if required to do so by law, court order, or other legal process, for example, with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies, to establish or exercise our legal rights or in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divesture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
5. How long will DealerSend process your Personal Data?
DealerSend retains your Personal Data for a limited amount of time and will delete your Personal Data after it is no longer necessary for the purposes of the processing. The exact period of time is based on the type of the Personal Data and the legal obligations or business purposes for retaining it.
6. What measures does DealerSend take to protect your Personal Data?
DealerSend has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful processing, including by ensuring that:
- Your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access;
- The confidentiality of your Personal Data is assured;
- The integrity and availability of your Personal Data will be maintained;
- Personnel is trained in information security requirements; and
- Actual or suspected data breaches are reported in accordance with applicable law.
7. Where does DealerSend store or transfer your Personal Data?
Due to the nature of our business and the services we provide to our clients, DealerSend may need to transfer your Personal Data to locations outside the country where you reside. In any case where we transfer Personal Data, DealerSend shall ensure that such a transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards.
8. What rights can you exercise in relation to your Personal Data?
Based on the law applicable to the use of your Personal Data, you may be able to exercise a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data. Note that in many cases, your rights are not absolute and we may not be required to comply with your request.
9. What Personal Data is collected on DealerSend websites?
The following paragraph describes our commitment to the protection of Personal Data as it applies to the DealerSend website (www.dealer-send.com) or any of its subpages through which DealerSend may obtain Personal Data automatically.
- Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the sites;
- Process your shipments;
- Analyse your visiting patterns to improve our sites;
- Deliver advertising, communications and content from us and third parties, on our sites and those of third parties, specific to your interests;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use our sites, and how they use them, to keep our sites running efficiently and to better understand our audiences; and
- System administration and troubleshooting.
10. What if I have other questions or complaints?
Questions or complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data can be directed at DealerSend by using the contact information as provided at the top of this Privacy Notice.
11. Will there be updates to this Privacy Notice?
DealerSend may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If an amendment will have a serious impact, DealerSend will endeavor to actively inform you about such amendments. DealerSend will publish an up-to-date Privacy Notice on the website www.dealer-send.com at all times, indicating the latest amendments.